Saturday, July 25, 2009

Homestead Homilies


Welcome family, friends and guests. This is my first personal blog posting. Homestead Homilies will serve as a space for me to share my thoughts about politics, health, community service and daily dish.


My goal is to keep it real while providing each of my readers and followers with food for thought and your imagination. I have written for other blogs and web sites but this is my first effort on my own. Please be patient as I get into the groove.


I woke this morning to the news that fellow activist and prize winning author E. Lynn Harris had passed at 54 years old. I am of course reminded of how very fragile life can be and how much I am blessed. I am reminded of the words of Essex Hemphill, "I try not to worry to much; because Black men die to frequently," and often too young. God speed Brother Harris.


After being estranged from my family for years I have been honored to have them back in my life. My son, grandson, cousins and my 95 year old Father. Life's joy and pain all flowing from the same stream here to Homestead.


It is a wonderful summer’s day so I think I will get out and enjoy it. I’ll be back and I hope you will be too. Until then remember that you are the master of your destiny and everyday offers the opportunity for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment